I Rise Among

 “I Rise Among”


 “I rise among

the rippling rows

that hug the contours

of the field. Golden

tassels touched with

cinnamon hues stand

tall above the corn

that strangely forms

a wall along either

side of this Donegal road.

We are called into

symmetry with these

plants; in this geometry

of dirt and soil.  At

home in this casual

beckoning.  At peace

in this simple dance.

Among, with, above,

along, in, and finally at.

Always heeding the request.

Join me.”


This poem of mine is perfectly paired with a piece by Local Artist MALCOLM CORLEY entitled “THE FARM”.  Malcolm is 22 years old.

Malcolm’s painting is used with permission and may be seen amid his full collection at: 

MALCOLMSTILES.com 

Be sure to support LOCAL ARTISTS this holiday season.




Comments

  1. Nice. I felt geometric when I read the poem and slowly morphed in and out of cones, lines, trapezoids, and ellipses. I danced a rhombus and drank red wine from the swale of right angles. I once drove a solitary road through corn field after corn field and felt claustrophobic. I stopped. Got out of the car. I thought I heard water but it was only the wind blowing the tassels of corn. I swear there was a river nearby if I could only see over the corn stalks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it. Geometry is in the air as well, apparently. Swale on!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Donate HERE